Vegetables are the best-known food source of essential nutrients like Vitamin A, C, iron, and potassium. It also contains flavonoids, a form of plant metabolite that both prevents diseases and strengthens our immune system. Other than the two facts I mentioned, there are many more reasons why we need to eat vegetables. To regularly eat veggies is to properly care for your precious body. But is it enough to simply buy and consume vegetables? What if we personally grow them?
Growing your own veggies proposes numerous benefits for us and for our family. Here are some reasons why it is an advantage to grow our own vegetable garden:
- LESS SPENDING: Not only will a personal vegetable garden allow you to save shopping money, but it will also spare the time and gas you would spend if you had to travel all the way to the local market.
- MORE SERVING: Unless you have a garden the size of a pot, your desire for veggies, no matter how big it can be, will always be satisfied. You would be able to include it in your morning, afternoon, and evening meals, making you much healthier.
- FREE OF PESTICIDES: Because every imaginable product has been compromised for commercial purposes, certain pesticides are used in order to ensure a perfect growth of this food. That we don’t want to eat foods injected with pesticides is an obvious fact. This is why growing your own veggies will come in handy since you will surely not put your family’s health in jeopardy.
- SOURCE OF INCOME: If your garden sprouts more vegetables than your family can chew, you may opt to sell your extra, pesticide-free veggies. If you’re a dedicated gardener, you may use your income to expand the aesthetics of your garden.
- BEAUTY: They’re not exactly as beautiful as flowers, but certain vegetables can also be a real pleasure look at. Their very sight, knowing that your effort contributed to its existence and growth, can be somewhat relaxing and self-fulfilling.
- FUN: You can grow your own vegetables with the whole family. It is not just a healthy and fun activity, but also a ground for family bonding.
Indeed, there are numerous ways why having your own vegetable garden is highly recommended. You will not just eat healthy; you can also incorporate it with family bonding and exercise. It provides an opportunity for you to explain to your kids why it is important to eat veggies.