The sight and smell of freshly cut flowers can instantly uplift anyone’s mood. Flowers bring feelings of tranquility and harmony, and they liven up any place whether it may be a home, school or office.
If you want to perk up your home décor, all you need to do is to place a bouquet of flowers in strategic places. Make sure to check on your cut flowers everyday and do what is necessary to prolong flowers’ life.
- Foyer – Flowers are nice accents in the foyer. They are a nice surprise to guests visiting your home. Its welcoming appeal can also make going home from work something to look forward to.
- Living Room – The living room is where most activities are done. Enliven the room with colorful blooms placed in a crystal bowl or an antique vase. Place the flowers on your coffee table together with some votive candles. This will surely give your living room character and will make for an interesting conversation piece.
- Dining Room – Flowers make elegant table centerpieces. Pick two major colors that go with your dining room decoration. It’s better to choose flowers with smaller stems so that they won’t obstruct people’s view of one another.
- Kitchen – Aside from the usual potted herbs, flowers also make good decorations in the kitchen. Put them on the kitchen window ledge to prettify your kitchen in an instant.
- Bedroom – A group of German researchers conducted a study in 2008 that showed correlation between flowers in the bedroom and sweet dreams. The scent of flowers influence positive emotions while dreaming and makes one feel better upon waking up. So put some fragrant flowers in your bud vase and dream the night away.
- Bathroom – We put flowers in almost every corner of the house. So why not the bathroom too? Putting flowers in the bathroom shows that you pay attention to the little details. It also transforms a rather bare bathroom into an interesting one.
Having flowers at different places in your home not only spruces up your décor, but also boosts people’s moods. Don’t have the time to buy flowers? Check out the different flowers available sold on the Internet.